ChooseHealthy™ complementary care discounts
The ChooseHealthy program provides discounts on a variety of complementary and alternative care resources. You can take advantage of reduced rates to help you stay healthy.
It's important to know that the ChooseHealthy program is not insurance. It is offered in addition to your health plan coverage as an extra resource for you.
Some Kaiser Permanente health plans include coverage for complementary or alternative care, such as acupuncture, chiropractic services, and massage therapy. When you use the ChooseHealthy program to access care, services are not covered by your plan benefits.
Before you use the ChooseHealthy discount program, please check your coverage to see if your costs would be lower by using your plan benefits. Coverage varies by plan. To check your coverage, sign on to your online account at kp.org/wa, or call Member Services at 1-888-874-1620.
Discounts available to Kaiser Permanente members
Beyond any alternative care plan benefit you may have, you can get up to 25% off participating providers' standard rates when you make an appointment through the ChooseHealthy program. No doctor's referral is needed.
Available complementary care services are:
- Chiropractic care
- Massage therapy
You can also access online wellness information, activity tracking and other tools, and a health and wellness library — at no additional cost.
To get started, register at American Specialty Health’s ChooseHealthy site for Kaiser Permanente members. Select “Find a provider” on the top menu and choose whether you are looking for acupuncture, chiropractic care, or massage therapy. Pick a search option to see providers near you or to see if a practitioner or clinic is participating in the program. You can also call
1-877-335-2746 to learn more.
What services are covered under plan benefits?
- Coverage varies by plan. Check your coverage of complementary care by signing in to your kp.org/wa account or calling Member Services 1-888-874-1620.
- Most of our plans cover a limited number of acupuncture, naturopathy, and chiropractic visits without requiring a referral from your primary care doctor.
- Massage therapy services require a referral from your doctor if he or she determines the services are medically necessary.
- Your doctor may also provide referrals to acupuncturists or naturopathic physicians if he or she determines the care is medically necessary.
- For services that your health plan covers without requiring a referral, we contract with a network of chiropractors, naturopaths, acupuncturists, and massage therapists. All of our contracted providers meet both our credentialing standards and state or local licensing requirements. Use our provider directory to find someone in our contracted network.
*The programs described above are provided by ChooseHealthy, Inc. and American Specialty Health Fitness, Inc., subsidiaries of American Specialty Health Incorporated (ASH). ChooseHealthy and Active&Fit Direct are trademarks of ASH and used with permission herein.
Please note: The ChooseHealthy program is not insurance. You should check any insurance benefits you have before using this discount program, as those benefits may result in lower costs to you than using this discount program. The ChooseHealthy program provides for discounts from participating specialty health care providers. You are obligated to pay for all services from those providers, but will receive a discount from those participating providers for services included in the program. The ChooseHealthy program also provides access to the Active&Fit Direct program, which provides discounted access to fitness centers and YMCAs. The ChooseHealthy program does not make any payments directly to those participating providers or to the Active&Fit Direct program. The ChooseHealthy program has no liability for providing or guaranteeing services and assumes no liability for the quality of services rendered. Discounts on products and services available through the ChooseHealthy program are subject to change; please consult the website for current availability.