Choose or change your doctor
One of the most important things to do as a new member is to select your primary care physician.
Why should I choose a doctor now?
When you choose a doctor right away:
- You won't need to spend time figuring out who to see if you get sick or are injured.
- If you get care at a Kaiser Permanente medical office, use our secure online services to refill prescriptions, email your care team, schedule appointments, view lab and test results, pay bills, and more.
Find a doctor
Use our provider directory to search for a doctor. Depending on your health plan and where you live, you can choose a Kaiser Permanente doctor who practices at one of our 25 medical offices or another doctor who is in-network for your plan.
Contact Member Services if you have questions about our doctors, your choices, or want help in making a selection.
Next step: select your doctor
Let us know once you find the doctor you want.
- Online. After searching for a doctor, open his or her profile page and click the "Choose me" button. Note: you must be signed on.
- Call Member Services at 1-888-901-4636.
Can I change my doctor?
- You can change your doctor at any time, for any reason. Just follow the same steps as above to select a new doctor.
- If you are registered on the secure member website and your doctor is at a Kaiser Permanente medical facility, you'll see your new doctor's name on your secure home page, usually within one business day.