Choose or change your doctor
One of the most important things to do as a new member is to select your primary care physician.
Why should I choose a doctor now?
When you choose a doctor right away:
- You won't need to spend time figuring out who to see if you get sick or are injured.
- You can use our secure online services to refill prescriptions, email your care team, schedule appointments, view lab and test results, pay bills, and more.
Find a doctor
Use our Provider Directory to search for a doctor. Depending on your health plan and where you live, you can choose a Kaiser Permanente doctor who practices at one of our 25 medical offices or another doctor who is in-network for your plan.
- Make sure your health plan and the correct location are entered in the search area, and choose a care category.
- Narrow your search: Go to "Refine your results" on the listing page to make additional selections.
- Contact Member Services if you have questions about our doctors, your choices, or want help in making a selection.
Next step: select your doctor
Let us know once you find the doctor you want.
Tell us your choice online:
- Register and sign on to the secure member site.
- Go to our Provider Directory and select the Medical Care box.
- To choose a doctor, open his or her profile page, and select the blue button labeled "Choose me." This opens a short online form.
Tell us by phone:
Call Member Services at 1-888-901-4636.
Can I change my doctor?
- You can change your doctor at any time, for any reason. Just follow the same steps as above to select a new doctor.
- If you are registered on the secure member website and your doctor is at a Kaiser Permanente medical facility, you'll see your new doctor's name on your secure home page, usually within one business day.