What does Kaiser Permanente offer?
Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington Options, Inc., offers 4 of the 12 standardized Medicare Supplement (also called Medigap) plans: Plan A, Plan F, Plan K, and Plan N.
Each plan has different benefits, and you have the freedom to choose your own providers without a referral.
Why choose Kaiser Permanente?
Here are just a few of the reasons why many Medicare enrollees choose — and re-enroll in — our plans
Access to the providers you want to see
Kaiser Permanente Medicare Supplement plans provide access to any physician, specialist, and hospital that accepts Medicare, with no referral needed. However, Medicare Supplement members cannot receive care at Kaiser Permanente medical offices.
Kaiser Permanente also supports good health in the many communities we serve through our medical education and a nationally recognized research institute.
GlobalFit® health and fitness program
Kaiser Permanente offers all members and their dependents the GlobalFit health and fitness discount program. The program includes access to a network of health clubs, as well as exercise videos and equipment you can use at home. A nutrition program is also available.
Visit GlobalFit or call 1-800-294-1500.
GlobalFit is not part of your Medicare Supplement plan and may be discontinued at any time.1
Convenient online tools
Our password-protected website for members makes managing your health care easy, 24/7. Just sign in and you can:
- Pay premiums
- Check your claims status
- Review the details of your health coverage
- Access explanation-of-benefits statements for recent care
- Find reliable information on thousands of health topics
Choose from 4 Medicare Supplement plans
Kaiser Permanente offers the following plans to Medicare Part A and B subscribers:
- Plan A (2010 Standardized) covers basic medical benefits at 20% of Medicare-approved charges for Medicare Part B services.
- Plan F (2010 Standardized) pays both Medicare Part A and Part B deductibles, and 100% of Part B excess. (When the amount a doctor or other health care provider is legally permitted to charge is higher than the Medicare-approved amount, the difference is called the "excess" charge.)
- Plan K covers basic medical benefits, plus Part A coinsurance and half of the Part A deductible. It includes an "out-of-pocket limit"; that is, after you have paid a total of this amount in deductible, copays, and coinsurance in a calendar year, the plan covers 100% of your costs until the end of that calendar year.
- Plan N covers basic benefits and pays the Part A deductible and Part B coinsurance, except a copay for an office visit and a copay for an emergency room visit.
For detailed information about what is covered, see the
Outline of Kaiser Permanente Washington Medicare Supplement Coverage for Plans A, F, K, and N (PDF)
Rates and benefits (PDF)
1 These products and services are neither offered nor guaranteed under our contract with the Medicare program. In addition, they are not subject to the Medicare appeals process. Any disputes regarding these products and services may be subject to the Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington Options, Inc. grievance process.