2020 Bereavement support
Kaiser Permanente's bereavement classes, support groups, counseling, and memorial events can help while you grieve the death of your loved one. All programs are open to Kaiser Permanente members, their families, and the public.
For information about grief support services provided by Kaiser Permanente or other organizations in your area, call the Kaiser Permanente Bereavement Services coordinator near you:
- Seattle area: 206-326-4549
- Snohomish County: 1-888-954-2509
- Southeast King County: 1-888-781-3573
- Pierce and Kitsap counties: 253-620-2627
- All other regions: 1-888-781-3573
There is no fee for bereavement programs. We also provide short term bereavement counseling support and educational mailings about coping with grief and loss.
Grief is a journey of the heart support group
Our support groups are for those who are grieving the death of a loved one. Join others who are facing similar experiences. We offer a safe and supportive environment for sharing and learning about grief and how it might be affecting you. Pre-registration required.
- Currently offering online support groups. Please call phone numbers above for more information.
Grief through the holidays
Holidays mark the passage of time in our lives. They are part of the milestones we share with each other and they generally represent time spent with family. For many people, this is the hardest part of grieving, when we miss our loved ones even more than usual.
- Join us for our upcoming virtual workshop on supporting yourself through the holiday season while grieving the loss of a loved one.
- Learn more about Grief in the Holidays
- Understanding grief
Online resources for grief in the holidays: