Pharmacy residency application information
Thank you for your interest in our program. Kaiser Permanente participates in the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) Resident Matching Program. Further information and registration for the match can be found on the ASHP Resident Matching Program website.
The application process includes submission of required application materials through the Pharmacy Online Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS) website, as well as Kaiser Permanente Human Resources.
The pharmacy residency is a one-year appointment.
- PhORCAS application deadline: Dec. 29, 2017
- Registration for the match will open in November 2017 and must be completed prior to submitting applications in PhoRCAS
- Residency start date: June 25, 2018
Requirements for Acceptance
- PharmD degree from an ACPE-accredited college/school of pharmacy
- Eligibility for licensure in Washington state
PhORCAS application process:
The following must be completed and submitted by Dec. 29, 2017 through the PhORCAS website.
- Copy of all pharmacy school transcripts
- Concise statement indicating your career goals, major areas of interest, and reasons why you are a good candidate for this program
- Copy of your curriculum vitae (CV)
- Three completed recommendations (e.g. pharmacy preceptor, employer, or faculty member)
The application process also includes a required on-site interview, including a 15-minute presentation.
Note: All potential Kaiser Permanente employees must pass a thorough background check. See Revised Code of Washington (RCW) 43.43.830.
Program contact information
For more information, contact:
Beth Chester, PharmD, MPH
Residency Program Director, Clinical Pharmacy Programs
Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington
2921 Naches Ave. S.W.
Renton, WA 98057-2617